Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms. Our bodies need the sun’s light to live.
What is COLOUR therapy and how does it work?
Color therapy and healing (also known as chromotherapy or light therapy) is a type of holistic healing that uses the visible spectrum of light and color to affect a person’s mood and physical or mental health.
How Color Therapy or Chromotherapy Can Heal Your Body?
We all know that light is composed of colors. Along with colors, light also consists of chemical and emotional elements since it emits heat, electricity and magnetism. Thus, light, along with its component colors, can be used for healing the mind, body and spirit. This is the basic principle behind Chromotherapy or color therapy.
Chromotherapy, when used for healing the body, utilizes colors based on their electrical and heating properties. Some colors actually cool and soothe the nerves (e.g. dark-violet, indigo etc) while some can excite or heat the blood (e.g. red-orange or dark red etc).
- Red is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
- Strong pink acts as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- Pink activates and eliminates impurities in the blood stream.
- Orange is a mixture of red and yellow. Activates and eliminates localized fat. Assists with asthma and bronchitis.
- Strong yellow strengthens the body and activates internal tissues.
- Yellow, the brightest color used in chromotherapy, has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
- Green, a color associated with harmony, provides a neutral, positive calming effect.
- Strong green provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation.
- Strong blue lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
- Blue promotes relaxation and calm. Blue exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain.
- Indigo is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
- Violet is used to calm the nervous system, soothe organs and relax muscles. Violet has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.